Since 1948, Family & Children Services of Silicon Valley (FCS), a division of Caminar, has been improving the lives of children, teens, and adults in our community through emotional and mental health services. Family & Children Services counsels teens at risk of suicide, prepares foster youth for success, assists veterans and their families, and helps families heal from violence, abuse, and addiction.
Linda Conover, MaryAnne McGlothlin, Diana Neiman
About Family & Children Services
Family & Children Services focuses on promoting healthy development of children and their families. Services are offered in eight languages, including American Sign Language for the hearing impaired --- the only service for the deaf in the greater South Bay. The center is open to everyone. More than 60% of all cases deal with child abuse. The Child Abuse Prevention & Treatment Program provides crisis intervention. Each year, 12,000 people are served.
Valle Monte League has supported Family & Children Services since 1954. Valle Monte currently donates funds to the following programs:
- Positive Solutions Program
- A program that provides counseling services for families including children, teens, and adults dealing with domestic violence, child abuse, and other critical issues.
- Clinical Counseling Program
- This program provides counseling services to individuals and families
- On Campus Counseling Services in the School-Based Services Program
- Support Groups for children through Deaf/Hard of Hearing Services